Monday, September 26, 2011

Spinach salad with sweet potato

Who puts a salad on a blog, right? Well, me.. While making this I was on the phone with my biggest fan. I was telling her how pretty everything was and how wonderful the sweet potato smelled, so I wanted to share it with her and maybe inspire some beautiful salads everywhere.

spinach
tomato
bell pepper
black olives
carrot
Dressing: 1 T. olive oil, sprinkled in some red wine vinegar, salt and vinegar into a little plastic bowl with lid and blended. Then drizzled onto the salad.

Baked sweet potato: poke holes in potato and place on baking sheet for 1 hour in a 400 degree oven. I put a little pat of butter and drizzled a little bit of local honey on top.

Everything was fantastic.. so that's why I had to post a salad :)

No comments:

Post a Comment